- Negotiated the installation of a pedestrian crossing signal at Camelot and Highway 89
- Obtained nearly $2 million in Federal Funds to help take care of the Springhill Landslide issues
- Completed Foxboro's Legacy Regional Park, Tunnel Springs Park on East Bench, Wild Rose Trailhead Park and associated trails, and with the following parks scheduled to be completed this year, Springhill open space park, Foxboro South Park and expansion of the Hatch Park
- Negotiated state funds to improve 1100 North in 2014. Worked with UDOT to advance the improvements to I-15 2600 S on and off ramps to 2014.
- Put together Community Development Agency packages to coordinate city and county funds to improve Gravel Pit and Gun Club properties. This included cleaning up water drainage issues in the gravel pit and improving traffic patterns at Highway 89 and Eagleridge Drive. Worked with Davis County and the State to help bring a significant expansion of Orbit Sprinklers to the city
- Negotiated the acquisition of 800 acre feet of water secondary water from South Davis Water District at favorable rates to increase water resources available to the city.
- Worked with State agencies to deal with Vole issues on the city’s west side in a responsible manner.
- Negotiated settlements in various lawsuits on terms favorable to the city.
- Worked to get an on off ramp for Legacy Parkway and a bridge over the railroad tracks over 1100 North onto the states long term plans. We must now work on funding.
- Published the city code online
- Reworked and updated the city’s web site
- Increased community involvement events such as Second Sunday Concert and July 2 Car Show
- Creation of gang enforcement and K-9 officer position on NSL PD
- Completion of the NSL City Hall building
- Implementation of city's curbside recycling program
- Obtained grants to convert a significant number of City trucks to Natural Gas.
- Updated the city master plan detailing a future vision for the city
- No increase in property taxes
Working For North Salt Lake
It is with great appreciation that I have served as your mayor for the last four years. I have worked hard on the community’s behalf to preserve our city as the great place to live that it is. In fact, in 2011. North Salt Lake was listed as the 23rd best small city in the country. In my first term, the city has completed the following: